Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Renxia Wang <re...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/22 22:02:01 UTC

Fwd: Pyspark Syntax Error

Hi guys,

I am trying to run zeppelin locally, interact with spark in local mode.

I ran this paragraph and got the following error:

%pyspark
print "test"

pyspark is not responding Traceback (most recent call last): File
"/tmp/zeppelin_pyspark.py", line 20, in ? from py4j.java_gateway import
java_import, JavaGateway, GatewayClient File
"/home/renxwang/tools/spark-1.4.0/python/lib/py4j-0.8.2.1-src.zip/py4j/java_gateway.py",
line 627 class JavaClass(): ^ SyntaxError: invalid syntax

and sometimes the error is:
pyspark is not responding

My env:
RHEL5
JAVA 8
Spark 1.4.0

spark.home: /home/spark
PYSPARK_PYTHON=/home/spark/python
PYTHONPATH=$PYSPARK_PYTHON:$PYSPARK_PYTHON/lib/py4j-0.8.2.1-src.zip:$PYTHONPATH

I have check the log, which shows no error and it states the job is
finished.

And the default scala works fine.

Any help will be appreciated! Thank you for your time.

Zhique

Re: Fwd: Pyspark Syntax Error

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If you use a latest version, you don't need to set PYTHONPATH in your case,
and also there is no need to set SPARK_HOME or spark.home when you using
Zeppelin in local mode.

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net