Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by kellan <ke...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/11 10:51:59 UTC

Catch Exceptions in LifeCycle Hooks

Is it possible to see what, if any exception, is killing an Ignite Node in
the AFTER_NODE_STOP hook? I have an Ignite Cluster in Kubernetes and it's
difficult to recover from storage/wal related issues when my nodes restart
automatically. I'd like to do something like clear my index.bin file if the
node fails due to a CorruptedTreeException, or clear my storage directory
when the node fails because of a StorageException. Or would I have to find a
way to do this outside of Ignite?

Re: Catch Exceptions in LifeCycle Hooks

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I guess you can have a custom FailureHandler.
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/critical-failures-handling#section-failure-handling

Ilya Kasnacheev