Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Andre Reiter <a....@web.de> on 2011/06/22 16:39:42 UTC

adding new node as tasktracker

just added a new node to our cluster like described here
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#I_have_a_new_node_I_want_to_add_to_a_running_Hadoop_cluster.3B_how_do_I_start_services_on_just_one_node.3F

works just fine, except a minor flaw

on this site
http://jobtracker:50030/machines.jsp?type=active
all task trackers are listed, the first two columns are showing the url and the hostname of the task trackers
our "old" mahines do have proper fally qualified host names, but the new one, for some reason, has just the nacked IP address

why? how is the hostname of the new tasktracker calculated?

regards
andre

Re: adding new node as tasktracker

Posted by Andre Reiter <a....@web.de>.
solved:

reversed lookup, ie: host 192.168.0.1
indeed the reversed lookup did not wotk for the new host, fixed it in the dns server config, now everything is just fine, thanks Stack!

Posted by Andre Reiter <a....@web.de>.
Hi Stack,

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.