Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu> on 2021/03/16 04:46:06 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1887691 - /spamassassin/trunk/build/README

On 2021-03-15 23:32, sidney@apache.org wrote:
> +      pyzor
> +      razor

why in build stage ? :(

we would love to see no plugins enabled pr default, and if wanted
enabled make guides on what to do for enable it imho would be more
helpfull, i say this as a gentoo repo maintainer

Re: svn commit: r1887691 - /spamassassin/trunk/build/README

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@apache.org>.
Benny Pedersen wrote on 16/03/21 5:46 pm:
> On 2021-03-15 23:32, sidney@apache.org wrote:
>> +      pyzor
>> +      razor
>
> why in build stage ? :(
>
> we would love to see no plugins enabled pr default, and if wanted
> enabled make guides on what to do for enable it imho would be more
> helpfull, i say this as a gentoo repo maintainer

They are used for running the tests, which is part of our release build
process, which that file documents. As a gentoo repo maintainer I would expect
that you can figure out what to modify for your own packaging.

Now that you mention it, however, I can see that it could be a good idea to
separate out the list of what is needed for the actual build steps that are
described later in the file. The first part of the file describes how to make
sure that we have everything in the repo ready to build, up to the point of
tagging the repo with the release version number. The steps after that
describe making a clean checkout of the tag into a new directory and building
an install package from that. Since that could even be done on a different
computer, it is reasonable to separate the dependencies of just that part,
which as you point out should not require pyzor or razor.

  Sidney