Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sp33dy <ca...@oup.com> on 2015/05/26 09:54:14 UTC

Java password encryption

Hi,

Can anyone help me? I hate to cross post, but I've not had a single reply
from the JBoss A-MQ forums. I believe A-MQ is kept inline with ActiveMQ,
therefore I feel my question is probably valid here too.

I've created a simple Java application that connects to ActiveMQ and
sends/receives messages. A JBoss Fuse route listens and processes the other
end. All well and good!

However, I now need to prove the 'operational' side of the technology, for a
review for my client of the technology. As part of this work, I need to do
the following:

1) Encrypt the JAAS password vault
2) Encrypt the passwords in configuration/java code

I successfully completed (1) and can see the user.properties file has the
password encrypted. The Admin console continues to work as required.

I can't get (2) to work. Despite restarting and trying different
combinations of passwords, I can only get my Java code to connect with a
PLAIN password.

Is there a guide, document or tutorial to explain how to configure this? I
tried passwords with (ENC) in front, wrapping and as ENC(....) with the
encrypted string. All fail.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Kind regards

Carl

FYI, my original post there was: https://developer.jboss.org/thread/259041

Re: Java password encryption

Posted by jagan <jt...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I am looking for the same. I believe you might have solved this problem.
could you please provide details on how to encrypt password using activeMQ
JAAS plugin?