Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Hanisch <mh...@redhat.com> on 2003/03/13 19:29:52 UTC

Re: AW: Questions about html:link and & a m p ;

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 14:00, Hirschmann, Bernhard wrote:

> Could you post the JSP code snippet for the link you're creating?
>
> As far as I know, no filter is used for creating the link. But as you
> described, it seems that the & is transformed in HTML encoding. You may try
> the attribute filter="false" in the html:link tag.
>
> Bernhard

Hi,

just for the reference:
The "&" _has_ to be transformed to HTML encoding - after all, it is a
special character in HTML (SGML).

If some clients have a problem with this, then this just means that
those clients have very primitive parsers, since they don't expand the
&amp; entity...

You could try using ";" instead of "&", but I'm afraid that this
wouldn't work with some clients either.

	Michael.

--
Michael Hanisch                                      mhanisch@redhat.com
Red Hat - RH Interchange Inc., Orleansstrasse 4,  D-81669 Munich/Germany