Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by ja...@mac.com on 2004/06/17 14:39:34 UTC

setting the log level when running Geronimo?

I just wanted to check there wasn't an easier way to do this.

To set the logging level when running Geronimo - e.g. to turn on debug
logging so we can see more detail of whats going on when we deploy
stuff - we can edit modules/assembly/src/plan/system-plan.xml which has
stuff like the following...

     <gbean name="geronimo.system:role=LogAppender,type=ConsoleAppender"
class="org.apache.geronimo.system.logging.log4j.appender.ConsoleAppender
Service">
         <attribute name="Threshold"
type="java.lang.String">INFO</attribute>
         <attribute name="LayoutPattern"
type="java.lang.String">%d{ABSOLUTE} %-5p [%c{1}] %m%n</attribute>
         <attribute name="Target"
type="java.lang.String">System.out</attribute>
     </gbean>

then we can rebuild the assembly. Is there any other quick way to
change this - say from the command line when running Geronimo? Just
wondered.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: setting the log level when running Geronimo?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
That doesn't work.  It was expected to be able to edit this via the
console, but the console don't work yet.

-dain

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <pm...@yahoo.fr>.