Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com> on 2010/02/08 12:25:36 UTC

Re: Ogg vorbis metadata?

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Support for Ogg Vorbis would be great!

Great. I've now written a tika plugin for this, however...

> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com> wrote:
>> Xiph (the foundation behind ogg) have released a beta version of a java
>> library under a BSD license that could be used:
>> http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/vorbis-java/vorbis-java-1.0.0-beta.tar.gz

The slight snag is that on further investigation, the vorbis-java library
from Xiph turns out to be write-only - there's no read support in it.

Having read the rfc, I decided to write a new ogg library from scratch,
which is now basically done. I'm trying to interest Xiph in hosting it,
but haven't had that much luck so far :(

Once I have a home for the library, I'll submit my plugin. It looks like I
ought to be able to do FLAC quite simply too, as FLAC uses vorbis-style
comments as well

Nick