Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/01/18 14:24:33 UTC

Skipping tests

Hi all,

After encountering the time-zone problem I wanted to run the build without tests. However this wasn’t directly possible.
Even if I clicked on “skip tests” in IntelliJ tests were executed, so I manually added “-DskipTests”, but still the tests were executed.
Looking at projects like tsfile I noticed the surefire configuration having this:

<skipTests>${tsfile.test.skip}</skipTests>

I think this is not a good practice as it confuses people and causes problem with tool-integration like IntelliJ

Chris

Re: Skipping tests

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
I have fixed the problem. Please have a review.

Fix https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IOTDB-2
Now we can use :
* `mvn test` to run all UTs.
* `mvn package -DskipTests` to skip all UTs.
* `mvn package -Dtsfile.test.skip` to skip all UTs in Tsfile Module.
** `-Diotdb.test.skip`, `-Djdbc.test.skip`, `-Drpc.test.skip`,
`-Dgrafana.test.skip` and  `-Dcli.test.skip` are similar.
* `mvn verify` to run all ITs.
* `mvn verify -Dtsfile.it.skip` to skip all ITs.
** similarly, you can use`-Diotdb.it.skip`, `-Djdbc.it.skip`,
`-Drpc.it.skip`, `-Dgrafana.it.skip` and  `-Dcli.it.skip`
* `mvn install` to run all Tests (both UTs and ITs).

What are UTs: java files which are in `src/test/java/` and have suffix with
`Test.java`
What are ITs: java files which are in `src/test/java/` and have suffix with
`IT.java`

Best,
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University