Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Steffen Engelmann <u2...@hs-harz.de> on 2012/06/28 12:30:11 UTC

apache rampart examples don't run

Hi apache rampart developer team,

i've got problems by running the following examples - included in the
apache rampart version 1.6.2:

basic
  - sample08
  - sample09

policy
  - sample01
  - sample05
  - sample06
  - sample07
  - sample08

the error log's are attached to this message.

is there any known issue, why it doesn't work?

the discribed steps in the JIRA-log (please take a look to the following
address) are all done:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAMPART-343

System:
  Windows XP Professional SP 3
  Java JDK 1.7.05
  Apache Axis2 1.6.2
  Apache Rampart 1.6.2
  Apache Ant

thanks a lot

RE: apache rampart examples don't run

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Steffen

first lets look at sample01
looks like you have a permissions error please create modules folder manually at
C:\Apache Repository\Apache Rampart\rampart-1.6.2\samples\policy\build\client_repositories\sample01\modules

build.xml
confirm the sample.services.urlsample.services.url property in ant build.xml (sample.services.url is passed to Client)

    <property name="sample.services.url" value="http://localhost:${client.port}/axis2/services"/>

in axis2.xml
do you have the hostname specified in <transportReceiver name="http" ..the hostname is used for url prefix in reply-to endpoint reference
ok if  hostname is null in which case the sample.services.url is used for reply to EPR (end point reference)

in axis2.xml
what is value of httpFrontendHostUrl
<!-- If you have a frontend host which exposes this webservice using a different public URL  -->
    <!-- use this parameter to override autodetected url -->
    <!--<parameter name="httpFrontendHostUrl" locked="false">https://someotherhost/context</parameter>-->

be aware if you desire  to implement https then you would need to fully configure your https connector for webapp-server (TC, Jboss, Weblogic)
in which case you would need your security certs and security keys packaged in a pfx and installed according to CA (Certificate Authority) instructions

Viel Gluck,
Martin Gainty
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung

Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 12:30:11 +0200
From: u24099@hs-harz.de
Subject: apache rampart examples don't run
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
CC: nscheithauer@hs-harz.de; hstrack@hs-harz.de

Posted by Thomas Grabietz <to...@toms-toy.de>.
Hallo Kommilitone :-)

have you set the System Path Var to Axis/bin and the AXIS_HOME var to
your local Axis-Dir before running the ant-script?

Grüße an Herrn Strack und Herrn Scheithauer

Tom

On 28.06.2012 12:30, Steffen Engelmann wrote:
> Hi apache rampart developer team,
>
> i've got problems by running the following examples - included in the
> apache rampart version 1.6.2:
>
> basic
>  - sample08
>  - sample09
>
> policy
>  - sample01
>  - sample05
>  - sample06
>  - sample07
>  - sample08
>
> the error log's are attached to this message.
>
> is there any known issue, why it doesn't work?
>
> the discribed steps in the JIRA-log (please take a look to the following
> address) are all done:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAMPART-343
>

> System:
>  Windows XP Professional SP 3
>  Java JDK 1.7.05
>  Apache Axis2 1.6.2
>  Apache Rampart 1.6.2
>  Apache Ant
>
> thanks a lot

Für's private
http://toms-toy.de/Thomas%20Grabietz%20tom@toms-toy.de%20(0xE43515AC)%20pub.asc

GIT d-(---)? s():()> a+ C$>++ UL$>+ P? L>++ E W>+++ N>++$ o K--? w>--- O

Re: RE: apache rampart examples don't run

Posted by Steffen Engelmann <u2...@hs-harz.de>.
Hi Martin,

sorry for the delay in response.

The keystore includes 2 PrivateKeyEntry (client, client2) and 2 trustedCertEntry (service, sts)

Any Idea?

Posted by Steffen Engelmann <u2...@hs-harz.de>.
Hi Martin,

yes, I can access the file with password: apache

The output ist listed below, but I don't understand what it means:

C:\Apache Repository\Apache Rampart\rampart-1.6.3-SNAPSHOT\samples\policy\build\
temp_client>keytool -list -keystore client.jks
Keystore-Kennwort eingeben:

Keystore-Typ: JKS
Keystore-Provider: SUN

Keystore enthõlt 4 Eintrõge

client2, 31.08.2009, PrivateKeyEntry,
Zertifikat-Fingerprint (SHA1): 11:0A:FD:9A:E0:07:D9:7B:9A:53:AE:F8:E8:94:E9:8C:E
9:B9:CE:BB
service, 21.12.2009, trustedCertEntry,
Zertifikat-Fingerprint (SHA1): 6A:A7:8F:8E:E6:73:13:59:73:C0:C3:2D:AA:E9:2C:BC:D
2:6C:6E:62
client, 21.12.2009, PrivateKeyEntry,
Zertifikat-Fingerprint (SHA1): 6C:35:45:CD:92:FA:8C:99:87:96:A8:95:94:24:74:B2:5
4:1E:B1:0B
sts, 13.02.2008, trustedCertEntry,
Zertifikat-Fingerprint (SHA1): A7:85:A1:C5:E5:1A:90:0A:1D:08:D7:EE:4A:A6:03:4D:4
B:D2:A4:ED

Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 12:22:29 +0200
From: u24099@hs-harz.de
Subject: Re: apache rampart examples don't run
To: java-user@axis.apache.org

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html
[2] http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/servlet-transport.html

And I changed the Port (8443) and the endpoint (https://) in the build.xml.

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Steffen Engelmann <u2...@hs-harz.de> wrote:
> Hi Sagara,
>
> Thanks for your help and support.
>
> I'm new in developing java applications. How and where can I get the apache rampart snapshots?

Download daily snapshot build from here
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/Axis2/job/axis2-1.6/org.apache.axis2$distribution/

Thanks !

> thanks

Sagara Gunathunga

Blog      - http://ssagara.blogspot.com
Web      - http://people.apache.org/~sagara/

Re: apache rampart examples don't run

Posted by Steffen Engelmann <u2...@hs-harz.de>.
Hi Sagara,

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
We aware with those issues and some of them already have been fixed in
trunk and 1.6 branch, we will address rest of them very soon. Also you
can expect Rampart 1.6.3 release within very short period of time.
Please find my inline answers.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Steffen Engelmann <u2...@hs-harz.de> wrote:
> Hi apache rampart developer team,
>
> i've got problems by running the following examples - included in the apache
> rampart version 1.6.2:
>
> basic
>  - sample08
>  - sample09

Above two have been fixed in 1.6 branch please test with 1.6.2
-SNAPSHOTS version [1] [2].

> policy
>  - sample01
This is not 1.6.2 specific issue you can find same issue on releases
after Axis2 1.5.0. The main reason is Axis2 Simple HTTP server used in
these samples no longer support for HTTPS. You can run this sample in
a Servelet container like Apache Tomcat without any issue. BTW I'm
thinking to add a new sample based Jetty instead this targeting 1.7.X
releases.

>  - sample05
>  - sample06

Still not working.

>  - sample07
>  - sample08

These two should work on 1.6.2 -SNAPSHOTS version [3].

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAMPART-376
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAMPART-377
[3] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAMPART-375

Thanks !