Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Lin Yang <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/20 04:30:49 UTC

Setup Hadoop cluster on SUSE

Hi, dear friends,

Recently, I'm trying to setup a hadoop cluster with 2 nodes, each of which
is running a SUSE 11 OS.

However, when I tried to run "start-all.sh" from namenode, a error happened:
----
mh1:~# start-all.sh
starting namenode, logging to
/srv/hadoop-0.20.2/bin/../logs/hadoop-root-namenode-mh1.out
*: Name or service not knwnstname mh2*
mh1: starting secondarynamenode, logging to
/srv/hadoop-0.10.2/bin/../logs/hadoop-root-secondarynamenode-mh1.out
*: Name or service not knownstname mh2*
----

But I have already modified the /etc/hosts of each node like this:
----
127.0.0.1 localhost
10.1.1.61 mh1
10.1.1.62 mh2
----

and I could successfully connect to mh2 with SSH:
----
mh1:~ # ssh mh2
last login: Thu Jun 20 10:20:32 2013 from mh1
mh2:~ #
----

If i use the IP address  of mh2 instead of its hostname in
$HADOOP_HOME/conf/slaves, the whole cluster works fine. However, I'm still
wondering why I could not use hostname as usual?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

--
Lin Yang