Posted to dev@excalibur.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2005/04/11 07:44:22 UTC

Re: Excalibur Release Plan (was: Re: Release excalibur-logger, -pool, -component.)

On Dom, 10 de Abril de 2005, 14:04, Shash Chatterjee dijo:

Related to newer (updated) libs:

> jisp - 2.5.1

I hope we can get rid of this. jisp 2.5.1 is buggy and we cannot upgrade
to newer version, since they are GPL-ed.

> junit - 3.8.1
> juintperf - 1.8.1
> hsqldb - 1.7.1 (1.7.3 causes test failure...need to chase)

There is hsqldb 1.7.3.3. If somebody points me where is the code, I can
try to fix this. ;-)

> log4j - 1.2.8

1.2.9 (near the same as 1.2.8, but why not?). ;-)

> qdox - 1.5
> servletapi - 2.3
> xalan - 2.6.0

Depending of the level of dependency, I will suggest here an CVS version.
We  needed to updated this lib in cocoon too.

> xerces - 2.4.0

there is 2.6.2.

> xml-apis - 2.0.2

Same as xalan.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Excalibur Release Plan

Posted by "Sasvata (Shash) Chatterjee" <sh...@badfw.org>.
>I hope we can get rid of this. jisp 2.5.1 is buggy and we cannot upgrade
>to newer version, since they are GPL-ed.

I don't have the source here at work, I'll check tonight.

>There is hsqldb 1.7.3.3. If somebody points me where is the code, I can
>try to fix this. ;-)

It was in excalibur datasource (I was running on XP), it had to with
lock on the DB not being released...I'll post tonight

>>log4j - 1.2.8
>>

>1.2.9 (near the same as 1.2.8, but why not?). ;-)
>

>>xalan - 2.6.0
>>

>Depending of the level of dependency, I will suggest here an CVS version.
>We  needed to updated this lib in cocoon too.
>

>>xerces - 2.4.0
>>

>there is 2.6.2.
>

>>xml-apis - 2.0.2
>>

>Same as xalan.

I  don't see any of these at ibiblio,  I was putting in the latest JARs
I found there.  We can probably put in these JARs on the excalibur
repo., but I would guess that we don't want to be in the JAR/repo
management business if we can avoid it (what do others think about
this?).  Maybe you can post on the respective mailing-lists and see if
they'll upload to ibiblio?

Shash

Datasource test failure with HsqlDB-1.7.3.0 (was: Re: Excalibur Release Plan)

Posted by Shash Chatterjee <sh...@badfw.org>.
Antonio,

>There is hsqldb 1.7.3.3. If somebody points me where is the code, I can
>try to fix this. ;-)

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EXLBR-22

Shash