Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ravi <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/16 21:28:11 UTC

websockets wss:// protocol gives error...

I am able to connect from browser to tomcat using non secure WS connection:
ws://127.0.0.1:8080/Myserver

If I switch the connection string to secure protocol
ws://127.0.0.1:8080/Myserver

I get following error. Can somebody confirm if this has been
implemented/known to work? I am using tomcat 7.0.27

thanks

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid character (CR or LF) found
in method name
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.parseRequestLine(InternalInputBuffer.java:128)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:926)
	at
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:565)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:307)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Re: websockets wss:// protocol gives error...

Posted by Ravi <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Mark for pointing out the mistake. Following url works

wss://127.0.0.1:8443/Myserver

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.