Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by xavier jmlucjav <jm...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/27 18:37:56 UTC

DIH: last_index_time not updated on if 0 docs updated

Hi,

After getting our interval for calling delta index shorter and shorter, I
have found out that last_index_time  in dataimport.properties is not
updated every time the indexing runs, it is skipped if no docs where added.

This happens at least in the following scenario:
- running delta as full index
( /dataimport?command=full-import&clean=false&commit=true )
- Solrcloud setup, so dataimport.properties is in zookeeper
- Solr 5.5.0

I understand skipping the commit on the index if no docs were updated is a
nice optimization, but I believe the last_index_time info should be updated
in all cases, so it reflects reality. We, for instance, are looking at this
piece of information in order to do other stuff.

I could not find any mention of this on Jira, so I wonder if this is
intented or just nobody had an issue with it?

xavier

Re: DIH: last_index_time not updated on if 0 docs updated

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Seems like a legitimate request, if you can't find a JIRA feel free to open one.

And if you wanted to supply a patch, _well_ ;)