Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Satoru Mori <ib...@post.kek.jp> on 2004/03/17 07:53:11 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 1.3.28,1.3.29 hung-up on AIX 5.2

Hi

I'm runnning Apache 1.3.28/1.3.29 on AIX 5.2 box.
After starting apache, when it passes for a while, httpd stops answering a
http demand from client in spite of runnning.

The feature of this phenomenon
 * It is the 1-20days, after starting apache until this phenomenon happens.
 * In a host with much access, this phenomenon tends to happen.
   However, it is unrelated to the number of accesses.
 * No information was found in error_log (at the condition max_logging
level)
   or access_log.
 * The reboot of apache can repair the phenomenon.

If there is some good information, please let me know.

Satoru Mori
KEK CRC
ibm-mori@post.kek.jp

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.28,1.3.29 hung-up on AIX 5.2

Posted by Didier Peereboom Voller <di...@simpelinternet.nl>.
The only thing I seen that looks like it was on a very old machine and
it had to do with unix running out of open files.

I doubt this is it but you might want to check how many files are open
when it happens (net connections are also open files). However open tcp
connection are closed after a timeout so if the problem never goes away
then this is not it.