Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2005/07/26 23:24:36 UTC

[axis2] EndpointReference should not have "messageInformationHeaderType"

Hey all:

I just noticed that our EndpointReference class has this field which doesn't
make any sense.  An EndpointReference is just that, an EPR.  The fact that a
given EPR happens to be a wsa:To header, or a myNS:Whatever header, does not
matter to the type itself, and therefore this field should not be in the
base class.  If it becomes imporant to carry this information, the correct
way to do it (IMHO) would be to have an addressing.ToHeader type which
extended EndpointReference.

Also, NOTHING except EndpointReferenceTypeTest uses it right now.

I'm going to refactor it out....ok?

--Glen

Re: [axis2] EndpointReference should not have "messageInformationHeaderType"

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Glen and all,

My intention of putting that in the EPR class itself is to avoid having
another class for each and every EPR type. I think this is what you also
have mentioned by saying " to have an addressing.ToHeader type which
extended EndpointReference ". This extension will contain nothing except the
extend part.
And again I also agree to your argument of not putting that
messageInformationHeaderType within the EPR type.

Its your call. I'm ok with refactoring ...

-- Chinthaka