Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by "Duncan, Terry" <Te...@53.com> on 2008/07/15 21:13:37 UTC

Launching Adobe in jspWiki

We currently link to PDF files and what happens, when clicked, is Adobe
is launched within the browser.

What we'd really like is when a link is clicked, Adobe itself is
launched and the file is opened.

Can that be done ?

If so, how ?

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Terry Duncan
Senior Systems Programmer
z/OS Systems Programming
Phone: (513) 534-7014
Fax:      (513) 534-6077
Email: mailto:Terry.Duncan@53.com

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

Re: Launching Adobe in jspWiki

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
Duncan, Terry wrote:
> We currently link to PDF files and what happens, when clicked, is Adobe
> is launched within the browser.
>
> What we'd really like is when a link is clicked, Adobe itself is
> launched and the file is opened.
>
> Can that be done ?
>
> If so, how ?
>
> If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Any solution is going to be browser and OS-dependent and configured at
the client side, so JSPWiki has really nothing to do with that. If you
don't have control over your client software there's little that can be
done.

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record