Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Eddie Ruvinsky <ru...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/17 02:24:24 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.4: /temp/ directory?

When I unpacked the distribution of Tomcat 4.0.4, I
noticed an empty temp/ directory in the Tomcat root
directory.  I don't believe it gets used anywhere in
the code.  Should it be cleaned up?

Thanks,
Eddie

Re: Tomcat 4.0.4: /temp/ directory?

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Eddie Ruvinsky <ru...@yahoo.com> writes:

> When I unpacked the distribution of Tomcat 4.0.4, I
> noticed an empty temp/ directory in the Tomcat root
> directory.  I don't believe it gets used anywhere in
> the code.  Should it be cleaned up?

Queries like this should go to the tomcat-user list.

It is definitely used by latter versions.  Dunno about your specific
version; check the README.txt file.  Mine contains the following:

  temp/                       Directory used by JVM for temporary files
                              (java.io.tmpdir)

--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>