Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/23 13:45:27 UTC

Call to action: find and fix errata in 1.4 JavaDoc

Many of our JavaDoc examples are still Wicket 1.3 based. For example,
just yesterday I found the JavaDoc for Link to contain an unnecessary
cast. Before we finalize 1.4, we should try to fix all javadoc
examples (mostly in components) to ensure they are up to par with 1.4.

As the core team we can only do so much in so little time.  With the
help of our community we will be able to clean up our documentation in
no time...

I hereby send out a call for action to the grander community: please
read the javadocs of 1.4 and see if you can find an old example that
doesn't fit with 1.4 syntax and semantics. Send in a patch with the
improved javadoc!

I've created issue 2338 to track these errata. Please work with us!

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-2338

You can view the JavaDoc online here: http://wicket.apache.org/docs/1.4/

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.5 is released

Re: Call to action: find and fix errata in 1.4 JavaDoc

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
Just add comments (and / or patches) to that JIRA issue.
All of the most common components would be the biggest area where
there are likely changes.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com