Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Rory Douglas <ro...@oracle.com> on 2008/07/28 21:15:12 UTC

Basic Sling authentication question

Related to my previous post about node creation best practice, I have a
question about authentication.

When I create basic HTML forms that post to the SlingPostServlet, node
creation is denied because I'm logged in as anonymous.  I tried first
visiting /system/sling/login & logging in as admin, but my credentials
don't seem to be picked up by the SlingPostServlet.

Do I need to somehow specify that my form resource is protected?  Would
this involve adding elements to the web.xml in the launchpad-app module?

Re: Basic Sling authentication question

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Rory Douglas <ro...@oracle.com> wrote:
> ...I still can't get a <form> post to SlingPostServlet to create any content
> due to AccessDeniedException.  I've tried adding the "sudo" form parameter
> set to "admin", but that doesn't help either.  Any idea what I might be
> missing?...

As a workaround, you could try setting the "allow anonymous access" to
false on the Sling Request Authenticator configuration pag, see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-322.

Hopefully someone else can provide a better answer, but that should work.

-Bertrand

Re: Basic Sling authentication question

Posted by Rory Douglas <ro...@oracle.com>.