Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by pa...@etu.univ-orleans.fr on 2020/04/21 13:24:00 UTC

Ofbiz Apache CRM Request

Hello,

I am a 2nd year GEII student at the IUT of Indre in France.

As part of my internship in the french IT services company "1fogenie",
my mission is to identify a list of CRMs since the company wishes to
create one.

For this, I have several questions about your CRM:

-It is a freemium solution ? Where the CRM's offer include a free
trial of the premium edition ?

-Which of these database can be used for installing your CRM: MySQL ?
PostGreSQL ? ORACLE ? SQLite ?

-On which word processing software (WORD, EXCEL) is it possible to
export data to the CRM?

-Can you tell me what is the annual subscription rate for 5 users?

-Is there an API module which allows the interfacing of other third
party softwares?

-Can it be integrated into the Outlook email software? If yes, does it
also use his Calendar, Tasks and Contacts functions?

-Does it have access to a GIS (Geographic Information System) function
for data analysis?

Thank you for enlightening me on these different points.

Regards,

Paul NOWAK
GEII IT student and
co-decision maker of the CRM solution

Re: Ofbiz Apache CRM Request

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
> Le 21/04/2020 à 16:16, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> -On which word processing software (WORD, EXCEL) is it possible to export data to the CRM?
>
> Forgot to answer this one, this should help
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Export+to+Excel
>
> To complete:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Handling+of+External+data

Jacques

Re: Ofbiz Apache CRM Request

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Ofbiz Apache CRM Request

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

> Also have a look at https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/example/control/ExampleOsmGeoLocationPointSet1
Forgot credential: admin/ofbiz

Re: Ofbiz Apache CRM Request

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Paul,

Your message has been moderated.

Please subscribe to the user ML for such questions and then use your email client.

You will get a better support, people can answer you on the ML.
The wider the audience the better the answers you might get.

Also it's more work for moderators who have to accept your messages as long as you have not subscribed.
I'll personally no longer accept them (other moderators still could).

Thanks

This said, some answers inline...

Jacques

Le 21/04/2020 à 15:24, paul.nowak@etu.univ-orleans.fr a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I am a 2nd year GEII student at the IUT of Indre in France.
>
> As part of my internship in the french IT services company "1fogenie", my mission is to identify a list of CRMs since the company wishes to create one.
>
> For this, I have several questions about your CRM:
>
> -It is a freemium solution ? Where the CRM's offer include a free trial of the premium edition ?

Yes, "Apache OFBiz" is of course Apache licensed so totally free

All but SQLite, and more: https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/blob/trunk/framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml

> -On which word processing software (WORD, EXCEL) is it possible to export data to the CRM?
>
> -Can you tell me what is the annual subscription rate for 5 users?

Free

> -Is there an API module which allows the interfacing of other third party softwares?

Not directly. Examples of how it's done for accounting (OFBiz is an ERP):
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/tree/trunk/applications/accounting/src/main/java/org/apache/ofbiz/accounting/thirdparty

Not but Thunderbird calendar can be used: https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/calendar/

Yes: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Connecting+OFBiz+to+PostGIS+spatially-enabled+database (old but still applicable)

Also have a look at https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/example/control/ExampleOsmGeoLocationPointSet1

> Thank you for enlightening me on these different points.

Welcome

Jacques