Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Patrik Rydberg <pa...@novator.nu> on 2006/10/05 11:33:11 UTC

Multiple users without setting up subversion server?

Hello there!

I'm using subversion in a windows network. Now, I want more people to be
able to access the subversion repository. The repository is on our
server, and I access it through the file://-protocol, so i have mapped
the directory where the repository is located as a network drive, and
just connect to that from the client.

Now, the question is, if more users would connect and work with that
same repository from their clients using the file://-protocol, would
that work, or is there some risk that simultaneous checkins might mess
up the repository or something like that? I could of course set up a
server-process on our file server, but that one is pretty full of stuff
as it is, so I would rather not...

Regards

/Patrik