Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jety <je...@toll.no> on 2013/03/06 14:55:29 UTC

Configure and using the WebLogic Maven Plugin

Hi!

Im trying configure and use the weblogic Maven plugin by following this
guide:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/web.1111/e13702/maven_deployer.htm

There is a note saying:

Note:

To successfully accomplish these steps, your computer must be connected to
the Internet and have the necessary proxy settings configured correctly in
the settings.xml file (typically $HOME/.m2/settings.xml). For further
details, see http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html.

Do i have to be connected to the internett for this operation? is there no
workaround? Because of security and policy I cannot connect the server I
installing on to the internett.

Re: Configure and using the WebLogic Maven Plugin

Posted by Adrien Rivard <ad...@gmail.com>.
This kind of plugins (those who launch servers) are only useful for
developpement IMO. For real servers you take the output of maven (war/ear?)
and deploy it either manually  on the server either with others specialized
tools.

That said, the server itself does not (probably) require an internet
access, but the build tool (maven) does.

You may also have a look at MRMs (
http://maven.apache.org/repository-management.html ), which will need an
internet access but not your computer.

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 2:55 PM, jety <je...@toll.no> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Im trying configure and use the weblogic Maven plugin by following this
> guide:
>
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/web.1111/e13702/maven_deployer.htm
>
> There is a note saying:
>
> Note:
>
> To successfully accomplish these steps, your computer must be connected to
> the Internet and have the necessary proxy settings configured correctly in
> the settings.xml file (typically $HOME/.m2/settings.xml). For further
> details, see http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html.
>

> Do i have to be connected to the internett for this operation? is there no
> workaround? Because of security and policy I cannot connect the server I
> installing on to the internett.

Adrien Rivard