Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Derek Shaw <ds...@funmobility.com> on 2007/07/11 19:19:24 UTC

Problem with JSON/Jettison and WebFault/Exceptions

So... I have an exception configured  as.

@WebFault(name = "PlayerNotFound")

public class PlayerNotFoundFault extends Exception { }

There is also a faultInfo class.

@XmlRootElement(name = "ServiceException")

public class ServiceException { }

What I am finding is that when I call my service throught the XML
interface (http://<server>/services/xml/) I have configured ( using
spring config provided below ), the XMLFault element is namespaced to
http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/xformat, while the faultInfo element is
namespaced to my default namespace. For XML this is ok... no errors.

In the case of JSON/Jettison I get a namespace exception and nothing is
returned in the response. The restful_http_binding example has the same
issue.

Now, if I add http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/xformat to my outbound JSON
namespace then I do get the JSON response, but the content-type of the
response is 'text/xml' and I cant seem

To change that.

Any ideas? I would like either the XMLFault to fall under my namespace,
or to have the response content-type be configurable or honor the
factory bean config.

Thanks,

Derek.

-- Config ---

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

            xsi:schemaLocation="

http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd" >

            <bean id="JaxWsServiceFactoryBean-Player-XML"

class="org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean">

                        <property name="wrapped" value="true" />

            </bean>

            <bean  id="JaxWsServerFactoryBean-Player-XML"

class="org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsServerFactoryBean"

                                    init-method="create">

                        <property name="bindingId"
value="http://apache.org/cxf/binding/http" />

                        <property name="address"
value="/xml/playermanager/" />

                        <property name="serviceClass"
value="com.fm.shinyfun.player.IPlayerManager" />

                        <property name="serviceBean">

                                    <bean
class="com.fm.shinyfun.player.PlayerManagerImpl" />

                        </property>

                        <property name="serviceFactory">

                                    <ref
bean="JaxWsServiceFactoryBean-Player-XML" />

                        </property>

            </bean>

            <bean id="JaxWsServiceFactoryBean-Player"

class="org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean">

                        <property name="wrapped" value="true" />

            </bean>

            <bean  id="JaxWsServerFactoryBean-Player"

class="org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsServerFactoryBean"

                                    init-method="create">

                        <property name="bindingId"
value="http://apache.org/cxf/binding/http" />

                        <property name="address"
value="/json/playermanager" />

                        <property name="serviceClass"
value="com.fm.shinyfun.player.IPlayerManager" />

                        <property name="serviceBean">

                                    <bean
class="com.fm.shinyfun.player.PlayerManagerImpl" />

                        </property>

                        <property name="serviceFactory">

                                    <ref
bean="JaxWsServiceFactoryBean-Player" />

                        </property>

                        <property name="properties">

                                    <map>

                                                <entry
key="Content-Type" value="application/json" />

                                                <entry
key="javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory">

                                                            <bean
class="org.codehaus.jettison.mapped.MappedXMLInputFactory">

<constructor-arg>

<map>

<entry  key="http://player.shinyfun.fm.com/"

value="" />

</map>

</constructor-arg>

                                                            </bean>

                                                </entry>

                                                <entry
key="javax.xml.stream.XMLOutputFactory">

                                                            <bean
class="org.codehaus.jettison.mapped.MappedXMLOutputFactory">

<constructor-arg>

<map>

<entry key="http://player.shinyfun.fm.com/"

value="" />

<entry key="http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/xformat"

value="" />

</map>

</constructor-arg>

                                                            </bean>

                                                </entry>

                                    </map>

                        </property>

            </bean>

</beans>

<!-- END SNIPPET: beans -->

Re: Problem with JSON/Jettison and WebFault/Exceptions

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Hi Derek,

It seems this is a bug with the HTTP Binding. Can you file a JIRA issue for
this? I'll take a look and get a fix committed soon. In essence the problem
is we aren't adding an interceptor which sets the fault chain.

Cheers,
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse