Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Saju Nair <sa...@tanmic.co.in> on 2011/03/18 11:26:38 UTC

Apache Install question

Hi,

I want to install Apache Axis2/C, to implement a client/server protocol in
my project.

I went through the install guide in

http://axis.apache.org/axis2/c/core/docs/installationguide.html

OS : Windows [Vista]

1, I downloaded the AXIS2C binary release for Windows [v1.6.0]

   and followed the instructions, and apart from an additional need for

   OpenSSL [for ssleay32.dll], the

    Server : axis2_http_server - WORKED

    Client : echo [invoked as Administrator] - WORKED

2, So far so good.

   Then tried to "Deploying in Apache Web Server" [Section3.2 of install
guide],

   Note : Did not perform the build of mod2_axis.dll, since I had used the

   binary version for (1) above as well, and assume that the

   <AXIS2C_INSTALL_DIR>/lib/mod2_axis.dll.

   Copied the mod2_axis.dll from AXIS2C_INSTALL_DIR to Apache22
install/modules

   Then added the following to httpd.conf

   LoadModule axis2_module "C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/modules/mod_axis2.so"

   Axis2RepoPath AXIS2C_INSTALL_DIR

   Axis2LogFile AXIS2C_INSTALL_DIR/logs

   Axis2MaxLogFileSize 10

   Axis2LogLevel debug

3, The Apache server does not start, and I get an error message mentioning

httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 487 of C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache
Software Foundation/Apache2.2/modules/mod_axis2.so into server: The
specified module could not be found.

Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  26...

4, I tried to do a dependency walkthrough of this module, and it appears all
clear.

Could somebody please point me to what I am doing wrong ?

Regards,

- Saju.

Re: Apache Install question

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.
Since you are using mod_axis2.dll, your LoadModule option also have to be
mod_axis2.dll. If you want to use mod_axis2.so, then you need to rename
mod_axis2.dll to mod_axis2.so

Regards
Nandika