Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rand McNeely <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/29 19:09:43 UTC

HttpClient NullPointerException in equals(Object o) of org.apache.commons.httpclient.NameValuePair

This is my first contribution to a Jakarta project, if I am in poor
form, let me know.

Before calling object.getClass(), check to see if passed object is null.

    /**
     * Test if the given <i>object</i> is equal to me.
     * In this implementation, an <i>object</i> is
     * equal to me iff it has the same runtime
     *
     * @param object the {@link Object} to compare to
     */
    public boolean equals(Object object) {
        if (this == object) {
            return true;
        } else if (null == object) {
            return false;
        } else if (this.getClass().equals(object.getClass())) {
            NameValuePair pair = (NameValuePair) object;
            return ((null == name ? null == pair.name :
name.equals(pair.name))
                   && (null == value ? null == pair.value :
value.equals(pair.value)));
        } else {
            return false;
        }