Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Ho <ma...@xtreme.com> on 2002/02/20 03:57:02 UTC

RE: Velocity-Tools / Struts

We've been using Struts/Velocity for some time now and we find it to be
an extremely well matched combination.  One of the main advantages of
Velocity is that the syntax is incredibly easy.  I can explain it to a
designer who has never seen it before and expect them to be useful
within an hour.

One of the nicest things it enforces is the separation of presentation
layer and business logic.  It removes the desire to "fix" problems but
just putting a small change into the JSP via scriptlets.  It also makes
the code a _lot_ more readable which also reduces the development time.

> i have been looking at velocity periodically for a few months now, and
> although i understand what it is trying to do (define a clearer
separation
> between controller and view) i felt that its big disadvantage was that
it
> introduced another language/syntax for a developer/designer to learn.
In

--
Matt Ho
Principal