Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Jim Brown <cl...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/28 11:36:19 UTC

Problems with formulae in Openoffice

I'm having a problem with a spreadsheet. Several rows of cells are not
being included in formulae total even though the cells are in the formulae.
They are the first five rows of a 121 row spreadsheet. when i use the auto
total button 'E' it attempts to exclude the first five rows.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Jim Brown

Re: Problems with formulae in Openoffice

Posted by David Robley <ro...@gmail.com>.
It may be that the cells not included are formatted as text rather than
numbers. Use Ctrl+F8 - or View | Value Highlighting - to display the
cell contents in different colors, depending on type. Text cells are
formatted in black, formulas in green, and number cells in blue, no
matter how their display is formatted.

SUM ignores cells formatted as text.

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
<us...@openoffice.apache.org> - replies to my personal email address
will be ignored.

On 28/6/20 9:06 pm, Jim Brown wrote:
> I'm having a problem with a spreadsheet. Several rows of cells are not
> being included in formulae total even though the cells are in the formulae.
> They are the first five rows of a 121 row spreadsheet. when i use the auto
> total button 'E' it attempts to exclude the first five rows.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> thanks
> Jim Brown

Cheers
--
David Robley

An unemployed court jester is no one's fool.