Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vigneswar Nagarathinam <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/05 12:39:23 UTC

Struts 2 and Weblogic 9.2 - java.net.ConnectException

Hi All,
        I'm trying to implement Struts2 with Weblogic 9.2. I'm getting the
following error while running the Weblogic server. Can you please help me by
providing a solution:

stack trace:
-------------------
<Feb 5, 2008 3:51:35 PM GMT+05:30> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101165> <Could not
load user defined filter in web.xml:
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.
Class: weblogic.net.http.HttpClient
File: HttpClient.java
Method: openServer
Line: 320 - weblogic/net/http/HttpClient.java:320:-1
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadConfigurationFiles
(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:835)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadDocuments
(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:131)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.init(
XmlConfigurationProvider.java:100)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reload(
DefaultConfiguration.java:130)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(
ConfigurationManager.java:52)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
Tried all: '1' addresses, but could not connect over HTTP to server: '
struts.apache.org', port: '80' - Class: weblogic.net.http.HttpClient
File: HttpClient.java
Method: openServer
Line: 320 - weblogic/net/http/HttpClient.java:320:-1
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.DomHelper.parse(DomHelper.java:123)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadConfigurationFiles
(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:830)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadDocuments
(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:131)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.init(
XmlConfigurationProvider.java:100)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reload(
DefaultConfiguration.java:130)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
java.net.ConnectException: Tried all: '1' addresses, but could not connect
over HTTP to server: 'struts.apache.org', port: '80'
        at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:320)
        at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:375)
        at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:149)
        at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:245)
        at weblogic.net.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(
HttpURLConnection.java:160)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace>

Thanks in advance,
Vigneswar Nagarathinam

Re: Struts 2 and Weblogic 9.2 - java.net.ConnectException

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
It appears that weblogic is trying to download a DTD while parsing some
XML. I would imagine there are probably a few solutions -
1. try to configure weblogic to not validate the xml
2. try to configure weblogic to use another xml parser

I am not a weblogic user though, so that's about as far as I can help
you.

-Wes

Posted by Vigneswar <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hey Randy,
             It is not a problem with the web-app. There is a firewall block
in my proxy server. So, I couldn't connect outside my network.
At the same time, it looks crazy as it works for Struts 1.1 DTD.
             As a temporary fix, I have provided my local machine path for
the DTD. I'm not facing the ConnectException now.
            My whole idea is migration from Struts 1.1 to Struts 2.0.11. The
configuration setup is over.
When the application is loaded, it shows the old( struts 1.1) flows properly
but the new Struts2.0.11 flows take me to "404" page.
             To add some more valuye to my question :
I have struts-config.xml as well as struts.xml under the WEB-INF folder.
Also, the web.xml is holding the normal configuration details for both.
In old JSP, I'm providing action="/HelloWorld" in the html:link tag but when
I click the link it shows "404" page.
             Kindly, let me know if there is a problem in any of my
configuration/setup
Thanks
Vigneswar Nagarathinam

Posted by Randy Burgess <RB...@nuvox.com>.
>From the Struts 1 plugin page:

The Struts 1 plugin is currently only intended to allow you to run Strust 1
actions inside a Struts 2 application. It DOES NOT allow you to continue to
use the Struts 1 tag libraries in your JSPs. Your JSPs must be converted to
use the Struts 2 tag library.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Vigneswar <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hey Randy,

Posted by Randy Burgess <RB...@nuvox.com>.

Posted by Randy Burgess <RB...@nuvox.com>.
I've rearranged your web.xml to the correct order below. Context params come
first, then listeners and then filters/filter mappings, servlets/servlet
mappings, etc.

Posted by Vigneswar <vi...@gmail.com>.
Randy,

Posted by Randy Burgess <RB...@nuvox.com>.