Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net> on 2005/06/17 10:17:27 UTC

updating to newest version of libraries

Hi,

I have noticed that in CVS, rather old versions of some libraries are used,
e.g. we use ant 1.5.1 while ant 1.6.5 is the current version, or velocity
1.3.1 while velocity 1.4 is the current release.
I would like to go through the libraries and update them to the newest
stable versions. Does anybody see any problems with that ?

       Thomas

Re: updating to newest version of libraries

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Thomas Fischer wrote:

>I have noticed that in CVS, rather old versions of some libraries are used,
>e.g. we use ant 1.5.1 while ant 1.6.5 is the current version, or velocity
>1.3.1 while velocity 1.4 is the current release.
>I would like to go through the libraries and update them to the newest
>stable versions. Does anybody see any problems with that ?

I understand that Henning is against moving to Velocity 1.4 due to
memory leak issues there is something in a mail archive somewhere - if
not torque then turbine related list.

Not sure about Ant.  I seem to recall seing messages where problems
occurred with a more recent version and downgrading made the problem go
away.  That's not to say that the problem cannot be solved by updating
torque in some way, just that the older version is necessary for the
currently released torque version.

Scott

--
Scott Eade