Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wo...@AtosOrigin.com on 2008/09/04 13:58:57 UTC

variables not resolved

In my pom I declare a distributionManagement repository on a central server with <url>${remoteRepository}</url>. This variable is defined in the settings.xml. The variable is resolved correctly on deploy goal.

In the same pom I declare the same repository for dependency checking, also with the variable ${remoteRepository}. However, on goal clean install, the variable is not resolved:

[INFO] snapshot net.atos.wlp:parent-pom:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from internal

[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot net.atos.wlp:parent-pom:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved from repository: internal due to an error: Unsupported Protocol: '': Cannot find wagon which supports the requested protocol:

[INFO] Repository 'internal' will be blacklisted

Why is the same variable resolved in one case and in the other not?

I am running maven 2.0.8, Eclipse with Sonatype Maven plugin versions from 17.7.2008

Here is a part of my pom:

  <repositories>

     <repository>

        <releases>