Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org> on 2009/03/18 22:04:32 UTC

Summer of Code

The ASF was accepted into Google SoC. Is there anything we want to put
up as a potential project? I should have some time this summer to help
mentor the student along.

I think that a colorized diff for the user to look at changes between
versions would be a great addition.

Richard

Re: Summer of Code

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Richard Frovarp schrieb:
>> The ASF was accepted into Google SoC. Is there anything we want to
>> put up as a potential project? I should have some time this summer to
>> help mentor the student along.
>>
>> I think that a colorized diff for the user to look at changes between
>> versions would be a great addition.
>
> Big +1. And if possible, a plain-text diff for e-mail notification
> would also be nice.
>
> -- Andreas

I added that in. I put the dev list as the contact point. Community
involvement is part of the selection criteria this year. Also, we have a
fairly large water event here in ND. I would say that it looks like 80%
of our roads are flooded, closed, or no travel advised (we're half the
size of Germany, geographically, far fewer people). I'm going to be
doing what I can to help, so if someone does contact the list, it would
be great if someone here could help follow up.

Richard

Re: Summer of Code

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: Content migration from 1.2 to 2.0

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Antonio,

Antonio Gallardo schrieb:
> This is a great news. Thanks you all for the the contribution. Perhaps,
> we can define as a GSOC task to make this code more generic. Something
> like migrating the default publication to the new lenya. It is just an
> idea. WDYT?

of course I welcome all endeavours to make the code more generic, but I
guess the task would be too easy for a GSOC project.

Maybe someone who wants to do a migration would like to use the code?
I'd be glad to offer my assistance.

-- Andreas

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi,

This is a great news. Thanks you all for the the contribution. Perhaps,
we can define as a GSOC task to make this code more generic. Something
like migrating the default publication to the new lenya. It is just an
idea. WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Jann Forrer schrieb:
>> What about putting it in a seperate Branch (e.g. contibutions).  We had a
>> discussion,
>> where to put modules and publication not belonging to the core some days
>> ago,
>> but a decision is pending.
>>

> I would not include into the core. I rather support Rudolfs idea to put
> it into a seperate Branch.

+1

Michael

Re: Content migration from 1.2 to 2.0 (was: Summer of Code)

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.uzh.ch>.
rudolf.korhummel@uniklinik-freiburg.de wrote:
> Hi Richard, hi  Andreas,
>
> news <ne...@ger.gmane.org> schrieb am 19.03.2009 09:41:45:
>

>> Antonio Gallardo schrieb:

>>> +1. Sounds like a plan. :)
>>>
> +1
>
>>> Another idea, what about a migrator script from 1.2.x to 2.0.x?
>>>
>> Thorsten, Felix, Josias and I implemented a content migration module for
>> the European Patent Office. We have the permission to commit it, but it
>> might not be completely generic and will probably need some tweaking for
>> individual migration scenarios.
>>
>> In the same project we implemented modules to execute batch workflow
>> operations.
>>
>> If nobody objects, I'll commit these modules.
>>

> !!! Very Great !!! A big thanks to everyone who made this possible !

+1 :-)

Posted by ru...@uniklinik-freiburg.de.
Hi Richard, hi  Andreas,

news <ne...@ger.gmane.org> schrieb am 19.03.2009 09:41:45:

> Antonio Gallardo schrieb:
> > Richard Frovarp escribió:
> >> I think that a colorized diff for the user to look at changes between
> >> versions would be a great addition.
> > +1. Sounds like a plan. :)
+1

> > Another idea, what about a migrator script from 1.2.x to 2.0.x?
>
> Thorsten, Felix, Josias and I implemented a content migration module for
> the European Patent Office. We have the permission to commit it, but it
> might not be completely generic and will probably need some tweaking for
> individual migration scenarios.
>
> In the same project we implemented modules to execute batch workflow
> operations.
>
> If nobody objects, I'll commit these modules.

!!! Very Great !!! A big thanks to everyone who made this possible !

> Shall I put them in the
> sandbox or directly in the 2.0.x branch? They are feature-complete and
> tested, from my POV the only question is if the migration module is
> considered generic enough to be included in the distribution.

What about putting it in a seperate Branch (e.g. contibutions).  We had a
discussion,
where to put modules and publication not belonging to the core some days
ago,
but a decision is pending.

Rudolf

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Re: Summer of Code

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Richard Frovarp escribió:
> I think that a colorized diff for the user to look at changes between
> versions would be a great addition.
+1. Sounds like a plan. :)

Another idea, what about a migrator script from 1.2.x to 2.0.x?

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.