Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Eric Kow <fz...@sneakemail.com> on 2003/07/30 15:56:15 UTC

soapmeter (a tcpmonitor spin-off)

Dear Axis developers,

I'm writing to inquire if any of you would be interested in
developing the Soapmeter, an open-source tool for debugging SOAP
services.

Soapmeter helps you to troubleshoot your web services and other
SOAP-based applications.  It captures the messages exchanged between two
SOAP nodes, and improves your understanding of this activity by creating
a graphical representation of the XML content.

The code comes partly from Axis's own TcpMonitor.  I have somewhat
refactored the original code and added some handy features like
graphical visualisation.  Eventually Soapmeter could even swallow
other tools, like the SoapMonitor applet in Axis, to provide users
a single SOAP debugging utility.

I would be happy if some of you would like to help improve this tool,
and absolutely thrilled should ws.apache.org one day decide to take
Soapmeter under its wing.

In any case, please give it a try.  You can find out more at
 http://soapical.sourceforge.net/soapmeter

--eric