Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "VANEKEM, Olivier" <Ol...@SAGA.BE> on 2010/07/07 18:39:55 UTC

[Axis2] Axis 2 Admin Console generates HTTP 414 Request Too Large

We are using Axis 2 and the Admin console to edit some application
specific parameters.

However we found out that when the console is located behind a reverse
proxy server such as Apache HTTP server, we receive a HTTP 414 Request
Too Large error when trying to modify the parameters.

This is due to the following :

Our Web service uses WSDL2Java generated classes (including the
skeleton) and the console shows a generated parameter called
wsdl4jDefinition which is very large (up to 12000 characters for one of
our services).

When clicking on the button 'Change' in the console Edit parameters
form, the actual HTML form method is a GET. This means that all
attributes on the form will end on the URL and passed by to the
axis2-admin/editServicepara servlet. This is also not good from a
security point of view since all parameters will appear appended to the
browser url.

The correct solution is to change the GET into a POST. Attached is the
ServiceParaEdit.jsp that contains this patch.

Rgds

Olivier

----------

Olivier VANEKEM

SAGA Consulting SA/NV

Chief Operating Officer

Atlas Park, Weiveldlaan 41, box 35, 1930 Zaventem, Belgium

In March... SAGA goes open <http://open.saga.be/> ...

Phone: +32 (0)2 714 94 95

Fax: +32 (0)2 714 90 99

Mobile: +32 (0)477 75 44 85

email: olivier.vanekem@saga.be <ma...@saga.be>

linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ovanekem
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/ovanekem>

internet: http://open.saga.be <http://www.saga.be/>

RE: [Axis2] Axis 2 Admin Console generates HTTP 414 Request Too Large

Posted by "VANEKEM, Olivier" <Ol...@SAGA.BE>.
Done, filed as JIRA Issue AXIS2-4764
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4764).

Please open a JIRA issue and attach a patch.

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.