Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Um...@ercgroup.com on 2004/03/17 13:20:11 UTC

Cannot initialize RequestProcessor

Hello All,

We have written a class RFFRequestProcessor which will extends
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor. This is being used to validate
the values in request headers before control enters into execute() method of
action classes. When the application initialized struts not able to locate
RFFRequestProcessor class. We are getting the below exception.

ERROR (2004-03-15 10:30:42,329) [  org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet] -
javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Cannot initialize RequestProcessor of
class
com.links.servlet.RFFRequestProcessor: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.links.servlet.RFFRequestProcessor

"RFFRequestProcessor" located in "WEB-INF/classes/com/links/servlet"
directory. All the struts related jars are in WEB-INF/lib folder. Struts
version 1.1.

Any help or direction to resolve this problem is highly appreciated.

regards
Uma Mahesh

AW: Cannot initialize RequestProcessor

Posted by Andreas Solarik <a....@gesig.at>.
Hi Uma,

Did you reference the RequestProcessor with its fully qualified class name
in struts-config? I guess you must have, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten
that great error msg. Anyway, it might look something like

<snip>
  <controller processorClass="a.b.c.ClassName"
              debug="0"
              contentType="text/html">
  </controller>
</snip>

This usually works for me.

Second thought. We had a small problem when trying to use a SessionListener
with suns web-app_2_2.dtd. We needed to use the 2_3 dtd. Are you using the
correct dtd for struts-config.xml?

Well, good luck

Andreas