Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by tom cat <to...@hotmail.com> on 2001/10/12 03:02:54 UTC

Re: can't get tomcat4.0+apache1.3 to work

Hi Lars,

I am also having problems getting apache and tomcat to work together:

apache1.3.20+tomcat4.0
apache1.3.20+tomcat4.0.1-b1

I may be able to offer you a suggestion (not a solution) for the moment.

Can you simplify your httpd.conf file with the barest minimum? I'm assuming
you have virtual domains.

WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008

<VirtualHost domain>
<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
     WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/
</IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

and then try apachectl configtest

My situation is that the apachectl configtest is successful (Syntax OK), but
both tomcat4.0 and 4.0.1-b1 exit immediately now that I am trying to use the
warp connector instead of the ajp13 connector. They both start up with all
the threads, but moments later all exit. My catalina.out file is 0 bytes, I
get no messages from 4.0.1-b1.

There were other threads in this forum earlier today about their tomcat4s
exiting immediately. I decided to try out 4.0.1-b1 first before adding my
post to the same problem. I don't see their posts at the moment so I'm
trying to give a bit of help to you. I hope you don't progress past the
httpd.conf problem to my timeout problem.