Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by PeriS <pv...@indiana.edu> on 2013/06/10 20:00:54 UTC

Initialize Oak CR

I m trying the following;

Oak oak = new Oak();
ContentRepository repository = oak.createContentRepository();

I understand this should give me a default CR with the MKs initialized. I m encountering a null-pointer exception in the Oak.java class particluarly in the createContentRepositry() method;

        // FIXME: OAK-810 move to proper workspace initialization
        // initialize default workspace
        Iterable<WorkspaceInitializer> workspaceInitializers =
                Iterables.transform(securityProvider.getSecurityConfigurations(),
                        new Function<SecurityConfiguration, WorkspaceInitializer>() {
                            @Override
                            public WorkspaceInitializer apply(SecurityConfiguration sc) {
                                return sc.getWorkspaceInitializer();
                            }
                        });

The securityProvider is null and I was wondering if I missed anything during initialization. Also, it doesn't appear as if it needs a repository.xml (2.x where if one existed it got used and if it didn't, then a new default one got created).

Any ideas?

-Peri.S

Re: Initialize Oak CR

Posted by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

you can always take a look at the tests, see how we bootstrap a repository,
that should get you going in the right direction. [0], [1]

[0]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-jcr/src/test/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/AbstractRepositoryTest.java
[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-jcr/src/test/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/RepositoryTest.java

Re: Initialize Oak CR

Posted by PeriS <pv...@indiana.edu>.

Re: Initialize Oak CR

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.
Hi Peri,

You need to pass a security provider instance using one of the .with
methods before calling createContentRepository(). Security configuration
is still pretty much work in progress.

Also you don't need a repository.xml. This is a thing of JR2.

Michael