Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ryan Vanderwerf <rv...@kpi-consulting.net> on 2010/02/05 18:05:51 UTC

block non-whole numbers of products in cart?

Hi I am running Ofbiz 9.04, and a user presented a strange problem. They can say they can enter non-whole numbers of any product in the cart. I.e. 1.2 widgets. It will let them check out and prorate the price and everything. Is there a way to prevent this, or maybe is this a bug? I didn't see anything on the product edit page in the catalog that looked like it was related to this.

Ryan Vanderwerf

--

NOTICE: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. Nothing contained in this message or in any attachment shall constitute a contract or electronic signature under the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, any version of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or any other statute governing electronic transactions.

Re: block non-whole numbers of products in cart?

Posted by Kumaraswamy nandipati <ku...@ecomzera.com>.
For me Simply 2 ways to handle this.

1) Client side validation "onblur" javascript event.(this won't work in
non-javascript)
2) Server side validation for this while submitting the page.

I prefer to implement two solutions. if one fails(user desables js) second
one will back up.

Any better ideas will be appreciated.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Ryan Vanderwerf <
rvanderwerf@kpi-consulting.net> wrote:

> Hi I am running Ofbiz 9.04, and a user presented a strange problem. They
> can say they can enter non-whole numbers of any product in the cart. I.e.
> 1.2 widgets. It will let them check out and prorate the price and
> everything. Is there a way to prevent this, or maybe is this a bug? I didn't
> see anything on the product edit page in the catalog that looked like it was
> related to this.
>
> Ryan Vanderwerf
>
> --
>
> NOTICE: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended
> unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. Nothing
> contained in this message or in any attachment shall constitute a contract
> or electronic signature under the Electronic Signatures in Global and
> National Commerce Act, any version of the Uniform Electronic Transactions
> Act or any other statute governing electronic transactions.

Kumaraswamy.N
91-9866805250.