Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sergey Matveychuk <se...@ciam.ru> on 2002/03/25 23:56:24 UTC

FreeBSD troubles

My dream is porting XalanC under FreeBSD. And I think not only my.
I make a simple patch for configure.in, Makefile.in and runConfigure for
supporting of FreeBSD. (See attachment).

All built well but there are two problem I can't resolve for two days my
investigation. And I ask help, hints and advices.

The first problem is:
if I don't specify an -IN switch and no redirect standart input I'v got
this:
> testXSLT
Reading input document from stdin...
========= Parsing Input XML ==========
XSLT warning: Fatal Error at (file <unknown>, line 1, column 1): The main
XML document cannot be empty (, line -1, column -1)

SAXParseException Message is: The main XML document cannot be empty (Unknown
system ID, line 1, column 1)

That is no waiting for input. But if redirecting is present then all right:
> testXSLT -XSL doc.xsl < doc.xml
Reading input document from stdin...
========= Parsing Input XML ==========
(parsing results skipped)

the second one (really worse than first):
All translation well done but every time before exit I'v got Segmentation
faults.
And core dumps.
In gdb I'v found this faults had happened in _init() code (after main()).
When final freing was executed.

Two days of investigation gave no results. Really I don't understand why
this code works well under Linux with the same (almost same?) compilator.
May be difference of FreeBSD objects size?
Compilator I'v used is gcc 2.95.3. And I'll plan to try 3.04.

This way I'v ran runConfigure:
> bash runConfigure -pfreebsd -cgcc -xg++ -d

Thanks for any advices. May be I need more test cases?

----
Sem.