Posted to dev@community.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/07/05 19:22:13 UTC

Re: Does anyone actively maintain PMC RDF files?

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 4:54 PM Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 7:14 AM, Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>
> wrote:
>

> >   !-- This should be taken from the PMC board resolution -->
> >
> > It seems simple for Whimsy to store a single JSON of all TLPs and their
> > charters by directly sucking it out of passed board resolutions as part
> > of the finalization of a board agenda after the meeting.
> >
> > Is there any interest in reducing cruft in projects.a.o, or at least
> > better documenting the data flow between websites here?
>

> Having whimsy manage things is a great idea. Having a single JSON is OK if
> no collisions are expected on updates. Having per project JSON would be
> better if collisions are expected.

I agree, having a consolidated store of this information is important.
I've also gotten pinged a couple of times about maintaining project status
from incubation -> tlp -> attic.  Would be good if a project were tracked
through all of its lifecycle in a single source rather than multiple
sources.

This was the beginning of my intentions with the new podling status file.
I'm willing to spend time making that the project status file, and have no
preference to a JSON or YAML format (some people preferred YAML, since it
gives you better safety and commenting support)

John