Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stephan Ruetke <ru...@hotmail.com> on 2001/04/06 10:41:24 UTC

Netscape 3.51 & Tomcat

Hello,

I am trying to integrate NES 3.5.1 with tomcat 3.2.1 on a winnt 4.0
server.and I am not sure how I can test if it worked:
I followed the instructions "tomcat-netscape-howto.html",
I downloaded nsapi_redirect.dll (and did not build it).
The how-to says: start tomcat and ask Netscape for
http://server:port/examples/
ok, maybe thats a stupid question, but I could not find an
answer to it: The Netscape server is running on port
80, but tomcat is running on 8080 - to show that the plugin works
I would have to use http://server:80/examples/ is that right?
Unfotunately the site is not found, only http://server:8080/examples/
works.

The second thing I would like to mention is that the how-to tells
the dll to be found in c:\jakarta-tomcat\bin\win32\i386\nsapi_redirect.dll,
but in the following description
the path d:/tomcat/bin/netscape/nt4/i386/nsapi_redirect.dll
is used.

I hope you will find the time to anwer my mail.

Thanks in advance

Stephan Ruetke (Vienna, Austria)