Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2002/01/09 23:05:43 UTC

[HttpClient] Make Base64 public ?

Hi,

I have noticed there is a Base64 class in HttpClient, which I think is
very useful. Do you think it would be a good idea so that other projects
can use it (it now has a package visibility) ?

Thanks
-Vincent

P.S.: I'm asking because we also had the need for Cactus and have
redeveloped it. However as we are already using HttpClient we would much
rather use the Base64 class from HttpClient.

Re: [HttpClient] Make Base64 public ?

Posted by Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com>.
That sounds reasonable.  I know that there are some other Base64 classes
floating around Jakarta, but some of them have (or at least had) a bug that
someone fixed for HttpClient.