Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kurt, Oliver" <Ol...@opendata.de> on 2001/03/05 12:53:49 UTC

page buffer, autoFlush and forward

Hi,

when I use the errorPage attribute (which basically is AFAIK a forward) I
have to use a autoFlush="false" and I have to set my buffer large enough.

Is it true, that errorPage forces me to set autoFlush=false?? (if I want
that errors are handled properly, even an error occurs at the end of a very
large html page)

How large should buffer be? Of course, that depends on how large my html
page could grow, but if I display lists then it is not calculate able how
large my buffer has to be. So I have to use very large values for buffer. Is
it acceptable (for scalability issues) to the buffer="1024kb", probably
not...

And even if I don't use errorPage=".." and redirect to the errorpage by
myself, I have to use a forward. So the problem still exists.

I would be very interested in your solutions about the "error-forward"
problem referred to the size of the buffer and the autoFlush mode.

Regards
Oliver Kurt