Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2016/12/14 08:13:21 UTC

Absorb win32-apxs into httpd distro?

Randy wrote http://www.apache.org/dist/perl/win32-bin/ - but I'm wondering
who else here at httpd is interested in helping maintain and get this code
into our own distribution? I've shipped this for a decade for my commercial
customers, for every wrinkle and wart, I think many of our win32 users
would appreciate this.

I trust the perl pmc and Randy would be good with this adoption?

Cheers,

Bill

Re: Absorb win32-apxs into httpd distro?

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 2:20 AM, Steve Hay <st...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> On 14 December 2016 at 08:13, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
> wrote:
> > Randy wrote http://www.apache.org/dist/perl/win32-bin/ - but I'm
> wondering
> > who else here at httpd is interested in helping maintain and get this
> code
> > into our own distribution? I've shipped this for a decade for my
> commercial
> > customers, for every wrinkle and wart, I think many of our win32 users
> > would appreciate this.
> >
> > I trust the perl pmc and Randy would be good with this adoption?
> >

> Randy sadly passed away some years ago, but I for one would welcome
> the adoption.

I was aware. Seemed like one more small appropriate tribute.

The latest version that I'm aware of lives in
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/apxs/trunk

Thanks for the pointer, and support of bringing this into the httpd distro.
Hoping you (and other perl-folk who know the code) might help review
the patches and ensure it is working well, moving forwards.

Re: Absorb win32-apxs into httpd distro?

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Steve Hay <st...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
On 12/14/2016 10:13 AM, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
> Randy wrote http://www.apache.org/dist/perl/win32-bin/
> <http://www.apache.org/dist/perl/win32-bin/> - but I'm wondering
> who else here at httpd is interested in helping maintain and get this code
> into our own distribution? I've shipped this for a decade for my commercial
> customers, for every wrinkle and wart, I think many of our win32 users
> would appreciate this.
>
> I trust the perl pmc and Randy would be good with this adoption?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill

+1 in concept, but although I'd be interested in theory in supporting
it, realistically I'd have little to no time to put into it for the time
being.

Re: Absorb win32-apxs into httpd distro?

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.

Posted by Steve Hay <st...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Steve Hay <st...@googlemail.com>.