Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by "GoMp@tcl.no" <go...@tcl.no> on 2006/11/11 13:43:38 UTC

Rivet on FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE

I'm having problems with installing rivet on FreeBSD:

- svn -> files stored
- i copy the scripts inside ./src/buildscripts/apache1 intro ./src/
- i run ./configure.tcl:
./configure.tcl                    /home/hest/rivet/src
Configuring
.error: can't read "AR": no such variable
   line was: TCL_STLIB_LD='${AR} cr'
   emitting empty variable for: TCL_STLIB_LD
   please make it right in configs.tcl or figure out the bug

error: can't read "LIBS": no such variable
   line was: TCL_SHLIB_LD_LIBS='${LIBS}'
   emitting empty variable for: TCL_SHLIB_LD_LIBS
   please make it right in configs.tcl or figure out the bug

error: can't read "LIB_RUNTIME_DIR": no such variable
   line was: TCL_CC_SEARCH_FLAGS='-Wl,-rpath,${LIB_RUNTIME_DIR}'
   emitting empty variable for: TCL_CC_SEARCH_FLAGS
   please make it right in configs.tcl or figure out the bug

error: can't read "LIB_RUNTIME_DIR": no such variable
   line was: TCL_LD_SEARCH_FLAGS='-rpath ${LIB_RUNTIME_DIR}'
   emitting empty variable for: TCL_LD_SEARCH_FLAGS
   please make it right in configs.tcl or figure out the bug

error: can't read "WRKDIRPREFIX": no such variable
   line was:
TCL_BUILD_LIB_SPEC='-L${WRKDIRPREFIX}/usr/ports/lang/tcl84/work/tcl8.4.13/unix
-ltcl84${TCL_DBGX}'
   emitting empty variable for: TCL_BUILD_LIB_SPEC
   please make it right in configs.tcl or figure out the bug

error: can't read "DBGX": no such variable
   line was: TCL_SHARED_LIB_SUFFIX='84${DBGX}.so.1'
   emitting empty variable for: TCL_SHARED_LIB_SUFFIX
   please make it right in configs.tcl or figure out the bug

error: can't read "DBGX": no such variable
   line was: TCL_UNSHARED_LIB_SUFFIX='84${DBGX}.a'
   emitting empty variable for: TCL_UNSHARED_LIB_SUFFIX
   please make it right in configs.tcl or figure out the bug

error: can't read "WRKDIRPREFIX": no such variable
   line was:
TCL_SRC_DIR='${WRKDIRPREFIX}/usr/ports/lang/tcl84/work/tcl8.4.13'
   emitting empty variable for: TCL_SRC_DIR
   please make it right in configs.tcl or figure out the bug

error: can't read "WRKDIRPREFIX": no such variable
   line was:
TCL_BUILD_STUB_LIB_SPEC='-L${WRKDIRPREFIX}/usr/ports/lang/tcl84/work/tcl8.4.13/unix
-ltclstub84${TCL_DBGX}'
   emitting empty variable for: TCL_BUILD_STUB_LIB_SPEC
   please make it right in configs.tcl or figure out the bug

error: can't read "WRKDIRPREFIX": no such variable
   line was:
TCL_BUILD_STUB_LIB_PATH='${WRKDIRPREFIX}/usr/ports/lang/tcl84/work/tcl8.4.13/unix/libtclstub84${TCL_DBGX}.a'
   emitting empty variable for: TCL_BUILD_STUB_LIB_PATH
   please make it right in configs.tcl or figure out the bug

..
Error in CFLAGS test: apxs:Error: Sorry, no DSO support for Apache available
apxs:Error: under your platform. Make sure the Apache
apxs:Error: module mod_so is compiled into your server
apxs:Error: binary `/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd'.

I get the impression it's looking for configs of both Tcl and Apache
(which both were installed through the port-system). FreeBSD was brought
online yesterday, and I haven't used it a lot, so I can't say I feel
comfortable with the system yet. Any suggestion on what I should do?

-Johan Christie

Re: Rivet on FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE

Posted by David Welton <da...@gmail.com>.
On 11/12/06, GoMp@tcl.no <go...@tcl.no> wrote:
> Right. Thanks. That seemed to work.
> % make
> make all-recursive
> Making all in src
> Making all in doc
>
> But, the next step, which is the ./configure.tcl and ./make.tcl, it
> still does the same as the earlier paste...

> > If you use ./configure, then use make - don't mix those with
> > configure.tcl and make.tcl.

I'll underline this - if you use ./configure and make, do not use
configure.tcl and make.tcl.  Once you have run ./configure, make, and
make install, you should be done.

Re: Rivet on FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE

Posted by "GoMp@tcl.no" <go...@tcl.no>.

Posted by David Welton <da...@gmail.com>.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Rivet on FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE

Posted by "GoMp@tcl.no" <go...@tcl.no>.
Right... That checked out just fine. I ran './configure
--with-tcl=/usr/local/lib/tcl8.4
--with-tclinclude=/usr/local/include/tcl8.4' in the rivet-dir created by
SVN, according to the FBSD readme
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tcl/rivet/branches/1_0). This worked
just fine, but I still encountered the same problem when it came to the
execution of configure.tcl/make.tcl.

in dir /usr/home/<user>/rivet/src
% ./make.tcl
Error: You must run ./configure.tcl before running ./make.tcl
% ./configure.tcl
Configuring
.error: can't read "AR": no such variable
   line was: TCL_STLIB_LD='${AR} cr'
   emitting empty variable for: TCL_STLIB_LD
   please make it right in configs.tcl or figure out the bug

error: can't read "LIBS": no such variable
   line was: TCL_SHLIB_LD_LIBS='${LIBS}'
   emitting empty variable for: TCL_SHLIB_LD_LIBS
   please make it right in configs.tcl or figure out the bug
(...)

I don't even know how to interpret that except from that the
installation was unsuccessful.

Posted by David Welton <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "GoMp@tcl.no" <go...@tcl.no>.

Posted by David Welton <da...@gmail.com>.