Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de> on 2014/01/14 21:15:34 UTC

[lucy-dev] New repos for Clownfish and Charmonizer are ready

Lucifers,

I just pushed the subprojects Clownfish and Charmonizer to their new repos:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucy-clownfish.git
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucy-charmonizer.git

Clownfish master is now at commit bae38a30086d562511ba639c30e03b2829d7517d, identical to the repo clownfish-rc2 I created on Github for review:

https://github.com/nwellnhof/clownfish-rc2

Charmonizer master is now at commit 40c0e55d4481ed39a4e3f4a3329c192ce51cb616, identical to the repo charmonizer-rc1 on Github:

https://github.com/nwellnhof/charmonizer-rc1

The trees of both projects are identical to the subtrees in Lucy master as of commit 61a0428f863eb9f46fe0273fd8abb17247da01ad:

    $ diff -ru lucy/clownfish clownfish
    Only in clownfish: .git

    $ diff -ru lucy/charmonizer charmonizer
    Only in charmonizer: .git

Now we can start to adapt the build process for Lucy and Clownfish and add files like README, INSTALL, LICENSE, etc. to the new subprojects.

Nick

Re: [lucy-dev] New repos for Clownfish and Charmonizer are ready

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de> wrote:
> The changes to Lucy will be more involved. I’ll start with the C build in a
> separate branch. If anyone wants to work on the Perl side, please speak up.

Oh, me, me, me!!

Nothing makes me happier than deleting code.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [lucy-dev] New repos for Clownfish and Charmonizer are ready

Posted by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de>.
On Jan 14, 2014, at 22:14 , Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de> wrote:
>> Now we can start to adapt the build process for Lucy and Clownfish and add
>> files like README, INSTALL, LICENSE, etc. to the new subprojects.
>
> I volunteer to take care of these.  Specifically, I'll ensure that the
> following files exist at the top level of both the Charmonizer and Clownfish
> repos:
>
>    CHANGES        <-- Clownfish only
>    CONTRIBUTING
>    INSTALL
>    LICENSE
>    NOTICE
>    README

I committed an initial version of these files for Clownfish already (except CHANGES). But feel free to change them as you see fit.

I also made some other commits to lucy-clownfish.git to make Clownfish build separately. The changes to Lucy will be more involved. I’ll start with the C build in a separate branch. If anyone wants to work on the Perl side, please speak up.

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de> wrote:
> Lucifers,
>
> I just pushed the subprojects Clownfish and Charmonizer to their new repos:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucy-clownfish.git
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucy-charmonizer.git

Awesome.  Thanks for driving that through to completion!