Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@apache.org> on 2005/10/01 08:15:25 UTC

Re: [BUILD] Commons Sandbox dependency for RDC nightlies

On 9/30/05, Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/24/05, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Now that we've SCXML building nightly [1] in Commons Sandbox, I would
> > ideally like to eliminate the redundant source trees by removing the
> > o.a.taglibs.rdc.scxml.* packages, and using the o.a.commons.scxml.*
<snip/>

> In this particular case, however, since you, Rahul, are currently the
> driving force behind both the SCXML component and the RDC taglib, I
think it
> would be OK to introduce a dependency from RDC to SCXML, since I
assume your
> left hand knows what your right hand is doing. ;-)
<snap/>

Thanks Martin, your recount of the Struts experiences was very useful,
and puts things in perspective. And yes, I plan on continuing to be
involved with the RDC Taglib and Commons SCXML.

> As for the mechanics, you might want to consider deploying a "snapshot" of
> SCXML to the ASF Maven repo (even if you're not using Maven) and using
Ant's
> <get> task to download that in order to build RDC itself.
<snip/>

Sounds like a good idea, will try to get this set up after the travel
this weekend.

-Rahul