Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthew Thomas Broadhead <ma...@bodyaspect.co.uk> on 2007/12/10 11:26:42 UTC

JK - welcome file displays text when mapped to servlet

Recently upgraded Tomcat from version 4.1.31 to 6.0.14.

In my web.xml
- index.htm is set as the welcome file
- index.htm is mapped to a servlet which produces html
and there is a blank index.htm in the root of the webapp.

This worked fine for 4.1.31 on port 8080 and through AJP1.3 connector.
On 6.0.14 it works fine through port 8080, but through AJP1.3 the
content type seems to change to text/plain instead of text/html, i.e.
browsers display raw code instead of formatting html.  It renders ok
for www.example.com/index.htm but www.example.com/ displays the raw
source.

Re: JK - welcome file displays text when mapped to servlet

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@bodyaspect.co.uk>.

Rainer Jung-3 wrote:

> Which version of JK are you using? Assuming you are using 1.2.25, could
> you please provide
>
> - information about your platform, versions and configuration
> - the JK log using log level debug, and containing the full startup of
> apache and one request/response, where the problem appears?
>
> The problem sounds like something we had with servlets doing a flush
> before the headers were sent back. This has been fixed in JK waiting to
> get released with 1.2.26 and in Tomcat directly after 6.0.14 (also not
> released yet). The fix on one of the two sides should suffice.
>
> You casn grab a dev snapshot of JK 1.2.26 sources from
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rjung/mod_jk-dev/
>
> Regards,
>
> Rainer

I am using:
- fedora 4
- httpd 2.0.53-3.4
- JK 1.2.15
JK has not been upgraded as it is the same version I was using with 4.1.31.
I will try building those sources.

Re: JK - welcome file displays text when mapped to servlet

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Hi,