Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org> on 2014/10/03 16:27:12 UTC

[ApacheCon] Replacing my Talk (Replacing Squid with Traffic Server)

Hello happy people,

i submitted a talk this year's ApacheCon in Budapest, and i
am a bit late in admitting to myself, and to *you* that i
won't be able to prepare a talk on this particular subject.
(the project this particular talk was based on fell flat)

if you want someone else to fill my slot on this exact subject,
i can solicit someone else from the traffic server community.

if instead you want to keep me as speaker, i can talk about
open source (and) burn out.

i've talked to Rich about this on irc, but it's only now,
that i'm en-tour to my third conference in two weeks, that
i'm taking the time to write this email…

feedback highly welcomed.

so long,
-- o/~ i
Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org
GPG: 8716 7A9F 989B ABD5 100F  4008 F266 55D6 2998 1641

Re: [ApacheCon] Replacing my Talk (Replacing Squid with Traffic Server)

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On 11/10/2014 06:14 PM, Igor Galić wrote:
> Fellow Humans,
>
> with a week left to go, and still no direction or clear answer here,
> i'd like to bring this up again.
>
> Do we have a replacement speaker for me? If not, shall I present
> on my suggested alternative?

We have run through all of our fallback talks at this point, and had yet
another speaker drop this morning. So, yeah, the open source burn out
talk sounds like a good one.

--Rich

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.
Fellow Humans,

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 3 October 2014 16:41, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 10/03/2014 10:27 AM, Igor Galić wrote:
>
>> Hello happy people,
>>
>> i submitted a talk this year's ApacheCon in Budapest, and i
>> am a bit late in admitting to myself, and to*you*  that i
>> won't be able to prepare a talk on this particular subject.
>> (the project this particular talk was based on fell flat)
>>
>> if you want someone else to fill my slot on this exact subject,
>> i can solicit someone else from the traffic server community.
>>
>> if instead you want to keep me as speaker, i can talk about
>> open source (and) burn out.
>>
>> i've talked to Rich about this on irc, but it's only now,
>> that i'm en-tour to my third conference in two weeks, that
>> i'm taking the time to write this email…
>>

> So, I'm torn, because the topic of Open Source burn out sounds
> interesting, and also the HTTP (httpd + traffic server + tomcat) track is
> so woefully tiny this year and I don't want to be the only speaker in it. I
> think I'd ask that you ask someone from ATS to give an ATS talk, and, if
> nobody jumps at it, do the more community-oriented talk. Does that sound ok?

IN case you succeed in finding someone from ATS, please consider making
your talk a theme for bar-camp. I think its an important theme, which seems
to be a theme nobody is willing to talk about. In case you made the talk on
schedule or barcamp, I will be there with some questions.

rgds
jan i.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.