Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by "Lee, Lup Yuen" <lu...@appkaki.com> on 2023/03/23 15:01:41 UTC

Article: NuttX for PinePhone: Simpler USB with EHCI

Weeks ago we talked about porting NuttX to PinePhone, and how we might turn
it into a Feature Phone.

But to make phone calls and send text messages, we need to control the LTE
Modem over USB. Thus today we’ll build a USB Driver for NuttX on PinePhone…

1. What’s USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface (EHCI)

2. Why it’s simpler than USB On-The-Go (OTG)

3. How we ported the USB EHCI Driver from NuttX to PinePhone

4. Handling USB Clocks and USB Resets on PinePhone (with tips from U-Boot
Bootloader)

5. And the NuttX EHCI Driver boots OK on PinePhone! 🎉

https://lupyuen.github.io/articles/usb3

Lup

Re: Article: NuttX for PinePhone: Simpler USB with EHCI

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.
On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 4:02 PM Lee, Lup Yuen wrote:
> Weeks ago we talked about porting NuttX to PinePhone, and how we might turn
> it into a Feature Phone.
> (..)
> https://lupyuen.github.io/articles/usb3
> Lup

CONGRATZ!! :-)

Re: Article: NuttX for PinePhone: Simpler USB with EHCI

Posted by "Alan C. Assis" <ac...@gmail.com>.
Kudos Lup!!!

Now it is possible to use NuttX on PinePhone for some more practical
application!

BR,

Alan